India, November 13, 2023: Muthoot Finance, India’s largest gold loan NBFC and a financial supermarket celebrated the 74th birth anniversary of their legendary and beloved leader Late Shri. M.G. George Muthoot, Former Group Chairman of The Muthoot Group of Companies through a series of impactful CSR activities conducted across India on 02nd November 2023. These significant initiatives, emblematic of Muthoot Finance’s unwavering commitment to societal welfare are deeply rooted in the values of trust and humanity that were set out by late Shri M.G. George Muthoot.
Shri M.G. George Muthoot had always believed in strong values of trust and humanity and dedicated a significant part of his life towards the social and economic development of the community by giving back to the society. During his life journey, he held key roles like Lay Trustee of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church, member of the National Executive Committee of the FICCI, the Chairman of the FICCI Kerala State Council to name a few. Shri. M.G. George Muthoot was also honored with various notable industry awards including the Mahatma Gandhi National Award (2001), Golden Peacock Award for Corporate Social Responsibility (2012), the Golden Peacock Award for Corporate Social Responsibility, and The SKOCH Award for Financial Inclusion (2013) amongst others for his unforgettable contributions towards the Indian industry.
The series of CSR initiatives launched on his 74th Birth Anniversary included education scholarship for aspiring students under the patronage of flagship Muthoot M George Higher Education Scholarship, support for underprivileged and deserving children, providing medical assistance, donating to government hospitals, providing healthcare facilities to specially-abled individuals besides many others. These CSR initiatives are aimed at benefitting over 30 Lacs individuals nationwide.
Every year, the Muthoot M. George Foundation organizes various CSR activities to help individuals and organizations who are in dire need of financial and medical assistance. Some of the notable CSR initiatives conducted by Muthoot Finance on the occasion of Late Shri. M.G George Muthoot’s 74th birth anniversary are:
- Scholarships & Educational Support: Muthoot Finance provided scholarships till next four years to aspiring students pursuing MBBS, BSc Nursing, and B.Tech programs across Delhi and Maharashtra under Muthoot M George Higher Education Scholarship initiative.
- Support to underserved children: Muthoot Finance extended its support to 100 underprivileged children by providing them with education kits, enabling them to pursue their studies effectively. The team also provided financial assistance for the education of visually impaired students in Vizianagaram, Andhra Pradesh.
- Infrastructural support to educational institutions: In Siliguri, a state-of-the-art Muthoot Smart Computer Classroom has been established at a government school, enhancing digital education opportunities for local students. The company also took forward projects including desks and benches for around 60 students to the Nigam Pratibha Vidyalaya Girls School in Nithari in New Delhi, renovation of Girls Toilet Block at KPS, Gopanakoppa Hubli, Karnataka, and Interactive learning board for DKZP Higher Primary School Kelinja Bantwal, Dakshina Kannada were also taken forward during this year.
- Support to Differently-abled individuals: A total of 110 differently-abled individuals were assisted with essential aids, including battery-operated tricycles, hearing aids, walkers, and other devices to improve their quality of life.
- Enhancing healthcare facilities: Biomedical Waste Management system provided in 6 Government Hospital in Madurai District Tamil Nadu. Further, donated 25 three-seater patient waiting chairs and 20 three-seater patient waiting chairs, along with two water coolers and RO systems were donated to Government Hospital in Harinagar, Delhi and Jai Prakash Hospital in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh respectively to provide the comfort to patients and their families.
- Promoting sanitation and healthcare access: Muthoot Finance undertook the construction of a toilet block at the Leprosy Mission Hospital in Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh.
- Food distribution to 650 children, poor and needy individuals, food packets were distributed in Delhi poor and needy individuals and to the underprivileged children.
Speaking on the occasion, Shri Alexander George Muthoot, Joint Managing Director, The Muthoot Group said, “Our beloved Group Chairman, Late Shri M.G. George Muthoot was a great leader, a visionary and a philanthropist at heart. As we celebrate his74th birth anniversary, our engagement in these CSR initiatives is a testament to a legacy that remains deeply rooted in our Group Chairman’s commitment to bring a positive change in our society. He had always believed in creating a more equitable society by diligently working towards the empowerment of the lesser privileged and making a positive difference in the lives of the people and growth of the nation. Guided by his profound principles, values and ethics, it is our endeavor to ensure that we work towards his vision. Through our CSR Initiatives we continue to uphold our values and the legacy of our beloved Group Chairman, Late Shri M.G. George Muthoot, by striving to create a positive difference in the lives of the people. We also remain fully dedicated and committed to take forward his great philanthropic legacy to even greater heights.”
About Muthoot Finance
Muthoot Finance is the flagship company of The Muthoot Group which has 20 diversified business divisions. Muthoot Finance is India’s largest gold loan NBFC with over 5840 branches and India’s No.1 Most Trusted Financial Services Brand, according to the Brand Trusted Report. It is a reputed ‘Systemically Important Non-deposit taking NBFC’. As part of the core business, Muthoot Finance provides loans secured against household gold jewellery at highly affordable rates and amazing product features. Globally, the Group has presence across, USA, UK, UAE, Costa Rica, Nepal, and Sri Lanka. For more details please visit: www.muthootfinance.com