National, September 25, 2023: Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), a distinguished ‘Maharatna’ and a Fortune Global 500 Company, celebrated a triumphant moment as it clinched an impressive total of ten prestigious awards at the 17th Global Communication Conclave meticulously organized by the Public Relations Council of India (PRCI) in the vibrant city of New Delhi on September 21, 2023.
Shri Syed Abbas Akhtar, Chief General Manager (PR & Brand) at BPCL, was honoured with the esteemed GP Jayakumar Memorial Award in recognition of his exceptional contributions to the field of “Integrated Public Relations.” This accolade, which was presented by the Honourable Member of Parliament, Jual Oram, symbolizes the seamless alignment of BPCL’s PR initiatives with its strategic marketing objectives, serving as a testament to the dedication and expertise of the exceptional BPCL team.
Following this momentous event, Shri S. Abbas Akhtar, Chief General Manager (PR & Brand), shared his sentiments, stating, “I am profoundly humbled by this prestigious recognition. This achievement is a reflection of the unwavering support extended by our exceptional Brand, Marketing, and Communication teams across various Business Units and Entities, along with the collaborative spirit of our esteemed partners. Together, we have showcased the immense power of synergy and effective communication.”
In addition to this remarkable feat, BPCL also secured nine Excellence Awards in the category of corporate collaterals, distributed as follows:
- Best Use of Social Media: Recognizing BPCL’s excellence in engaging its audience through innovative social media strategies.
- Best PR Case Study: Celebrating BPCL’s visionary role in promoting ‘EV Fast Charging Highway Corridors,’ a pioneering transformation in India’s transportation landscape.
- Rural Development Communication: Acknowledging BPCL’s CSR projects in the core area of Community Development, reflecting its commitment to social progress.
- Website of the Year: Honouring BPCL’s responsive, user-friendly, and compelling digital platform that enriches the online user experience.
- Annual Report: Commending BPCL’s Annual Report 2022-23, themed ‘Leading the Change,’ for highlighting the company’s dedication to innovation, sustainability, and community empowerment.
- Corporate Community Impact Award: Recognizing BPCL’s relentless communication efforts in promoting the company’s journey toward achieving Net Zero emissions by 2040, emphasizing sustainability.
- Corporate CSR Campaign: Applauding BPCL’s impactful social media campaign that spotlights the company’s CSR initiatives in five core areas – Education, Environment Sustainability, Health and Sanitation, Skill Development, and Community Development.
- Health Care Communication Film: Commending BPCL’s compassionate and technologically innovative Audio Visual, which sheds light on BPCL’s CSR project providing free cancer tests to over 70,000 individuals across Maharashtra, West Bengal, and Uttar Pradesh.
- Best Use of Technology in Customer Service: Recognizing the transformative impact of Chatbot Urja, BPCL’s cutting-edge AI innovation that has revolutionized customer service, ensuring seamless assistance and technology-driven solutions.
These remarkable awards serve as a testament to BPCL’s unwavering commitment to excellence and its dedication to creating a meaningful impact through innovative communication and service delivery.
About Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (BPCL):
Fortune Global 500 Company, Bharat Petroleum is the second largest Indian Oil Marketing Company and one of the premier integrated energy companies in India, engaged in refining of crude oil and marketing of petroleum products, with a significant presence in the upstream and downstream sectors of the oil and gas industry. The company attained the coveted Maharatna status, joining the elite club of companies having greater operational & financial autonomy.
Bharat Petroleum’s Refineries at Mumbai, Kochi and Bina Refinery have a combined refining capacity of around 35.3 MMTPA. Its marketing infrastructure includes a network of installations, depots, energy stations, aviation service stations and LPG distributors. Its distribution network comprises over 21,000 Energy Stations, over 6,200 LPG distributorships, 525 Lubes distributorships, 123 POL storage locations, 53 LPG Bottling Plants, 70 Aviation Service Stations, 4 Lube blending plants and 4 cross-country pipelines.
Bharat Petroleum is integrating its strategy, investments, environmental and social ambitions to move towards a sustainable planet. The company has chalked out the plan to offer electric vehicle charging stations at around 7000 energy stations over next 5 years.
With a focus on sustainable solutions, the company is developing a vibrant ecosystem and a road-map to become a Net Zero Energy Company by 2040, in Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions. Bharat Petroleum has been partnering communities by supporting innumerable initiatives connected primarily in the areas of education, water conservation, skill development, health, community development, capacity building and employee volunteering. With ‘Energising Lives’ as its core purpose, Bharat Petroleum’s vision is to be the most admired global energy company leveraging talent, innovation & technology.