Candidates can apply to the 4- year Bachelors in Design programmes till 27th Jan 2023
India, 20th October 2022: The MIT World Peace University, (MIT-WPU), Pune, School of Design is inviting applications for its 2023 session. Candidates interested in registering for undergraduate programmes can apply till 27th Jan 2023 through admissions.mitwpu.edu.in/bdes/
This course is offered across Product Design (PD), User Experience Design(UI/UX), Visual Communication Design(VCD), Fashion and Apparel Design (FA), Interior Design (BID), and Jewellery Design & Manufacturing (JDM). Candidates can apply for the 2023 intake until 27th Jan 2023. The course is designed to prepare students for positions of business leadership. Students at MIT-WPU learn how to develop Internal Competence for Outer Demand. It also offers holistic learning experiences to students based on value-based education, research, and industry collaborations.
The program’s goal is to create a community of designers to foster students’ global competence. It will ensure ‘creating for sustainability’ while also utilising the power of design, innovation, and technology for the benefit of society. These programmes are ideal for those who are passionate about innovating within their professional design career and who are critical, constructive, and interested in changing the status quo for the better.
- For the UG courses, candidates need to have qualified a 10+2 or equivalent exam in any stream (Science, Commerce, Humanities/Arts) with a minimum aggregate of 50% (at least 45 % marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only).
- Candidates appearing for Class XII exams in the current academic year or awaiting results may also apply.
- Candidates are accepted from CBSE/ISC/State/IB or any other equivalent Indian or International Higher Secondary Board.
Following are the Design Aptitude Tests considered for our programs:
- MIT-WPU Common Entrance Test 2023 for PD, UX, VC, FA, JDM, ID programs
- UCEED 2023 Score for PD, UX, VC, FA, JDM, ID programs
- NIFT 2023 online entrance exam score for FA program
- NATA 2023 (Part A and Drawing) score for ID program
- Level 1: Design Aptitude Test score based shortlisting round
- Level 2: Personal Interviews over Portfolio Review (for shortlisted candidates only) and Design Tasks as deemed necessary.
Candidates can also apply for MIT-WPU Common Entrance Test (MCET) 2023. This is a Computer Based Test, testing general knowledge, logical reasoning, analytical thinking, observation, environmental and social awareness, visualisation, spatial skills, design sensitivity and free-hand drawing along the lines of UCEED 2023 over a two hour exam duration.
About MIT School of Design
Design is an enabler and to design is very human. The agenda for enabling peace through value-based integral education and to sustain it can be addressed by human-centred design interventions beyond effectively making these user-centered. Meeting the criteria for design and design education that could be derived from grand challenges that influence the well-being of individuals, societies and the habitability of the planet make the pursuit of learning relevant, long-lasting and meaningful to humanity.
In this broad learning context, the MIT-WPU School of Design, is poised to offer world-class design education through a 4yr full-time undergraduate Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) degree.
This is offered across Product Design(PD), User Experience Design(UI/UX), Visual Communication Design(VCD), Fashion and Apparel Design(FA) and Jewellery Design & Manufacturing (JDM). Within B.Des., while the students are driven to make creative abilities their forte, the curriculum also urges them to do so responsibly and stay relevant to the times.
MIT-WPU School of Design wishes to achieve these by leveraging and humanising technology, striking partnerships with industry and academia, enabling social innovation and having a coherent design research-driven agenda across all these efforts.