18th October, 2022, India: Ashok Leyland, Indian flagship of the Hinduja Group and the largest supplier of logistics vehicles to the Indian Army, today showcased three advanced-technology products and solutions at the ongoing DefExpo India 2022, India’s premier defence exhibition, organized by the Ministry of Defence at Gandhinagar, Gujarat. Col Sonam Wangchuk, a Kargil War Hero and recipient of Maha Vir Chakra, 2nd Highest Gallantry Award, unveiled “JEET 4×4”, an all-new Light General Service Vehicle, Indigenously Designed, Developed and Manufactured by Ashok Leyland. Mr. Rajesh R, Vice President – Defence & Power Solutions Business, Ashok Leyland unveiled and launched other products in the presence of senior dignitaries from Indian Army and MoD.
The products showcased at the Def Expo 2022 are: –
- JEET 4×4: a proven vehicle platform, equipped to perform in hills, high altitude, cross country, plains & desert terrain
- LBPV 4×4: Light Bullet Proof Vehicle 4×4
- Tank T72 GB Assembly aggregates: Gear boxes
Through partnering with the Indian Army for its logistics needs, Ashok Leyland has been at the forefront of offering the next generation mobility solutions and technology for the country’s armed services, following its philosophy of ‘Aap ki Jeet, Hamari Jeet’.
Mr. Dheeraj Hinduja, Executive Chairman, Ashok Leyland, said, “We continue to evolve as a trusted partner to the Indian armed forces in providing end-to-end solutions in the area of mobility. The products showcased today demonstrate our team’s capability and an innate understanding of the arduous operating conditions. We endeavor to expand our portfolio of products and solutions and contribute significantly towards the “Atmanirbhar Bharat” initiative.”
Speaking at the DefExpo 2022, Mr. Rajesh R, Vice President – Defence & Power Solutions Business, Ashok Leyland, said, “At the DefExpo, we are delighted to present our next generation capabilities for the Defence forces, keeping in view their anticipated mobility trends. These advanced technology solutions developed by our in-house R&D would also address the growing demand for resource efficiency and optimization.”
Details of Ashok Leyland showcase* at the DefExpo India 2022:
- JEET 4×4: ‘JEET 4×4’ is developed on a proven vehicle platform, most suitable for General Service (GS) role. The vehicle is well equipped to perform optimally in hills, high altitude, cross country, plains, and desert terrain. The vehicle also employs contemporary technology in all its system.
- LBPV 4×4: Light Bullet Proof Vehicle 4×4 is a versatile platform, indigenously designed and developed to carry small team of 06 combat soldiers into various tactical missions ranging from Counter Insurgency/ Counter Terrorist operations for Reconnaissance, Quick Reaction, and Patrolling. LBPV is designed for all-terrain mobility with armored protection and fitted with a weapon mount to operate independently in the battle field. Features like all wheel Independent Suspension, ABS, Ride Height Management and many more options makes it a class apart. LBPV 4×4 is a World Class vehicle ‘Made-in-India’.
- Tank T72 GB Assembly aggregates: These are gear boxes for Tank T-72, called ‘Ajeya’ in India. Ashok Leyland will begin to manufacture sub-assemblies and sub-components including the gear boxes for the Tank T72.