Bangalore, September 22, 2022: Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), a ‘Maharatna’ and a Fortune Global 500 Company was accredited with maximum number of 17 awards in various categories by the National Awards for Excellence organized by ET Ascent, at an event held in Bangalore, competing against the best from the industry including ONGC NTPC, GAIL etc. Besides, one special award for the Best Workplace Practices was given to the Corporate Planning Department for facilitating the Rewarding of Innovations.
These Awards brought the best industry professionals who have made the outstanding contributions in the Industry. The platform offers top marketing professionals, agencies and consultants an intimate environment for recognizing & rewarding excellence.
The awards were presented by Managing Director ONGC Videsh Limited, Sh. Rajeshwari Gupta, Founder Chairman of World CSR Day & world Sustainability, Dr R L Bhatia, Wing commander Mr. Naresh Taneja, Dr Sanjay Muthal, a leading HR consultant.
For awards in the PSU, Innovation, Oil & Gas category, the company won the following awards:
- For leveraging various media platforms, to generate highly Positive Brand Perceptions, highest Share of Voice and largest followers base on Social Media, among Oil & Gas companies in India.
Environment And Sustainability
- Corporate R&D Center for Designing Environmentally Friendly Products like ‘Recycling of Waste Plastics’ to build roads.
- Corporate R&D Center for ‘Recycling of Spent Catalyst & Development of GSR Catalyst’, which is used to reduce sulphur from petrol, as well as, reduce waste generation from the refineries.
- Mumbai Refinery for Technical Excellence for ‘Reconfiguration of Naphtha Splitters Using Divided Wall Column Technology’, to reduce energy consumption – the initial step towards our ambition to achieve Net Zero Emission in Scope 1 & 2.
Environment Sustainability – Green Initiatives
- Corporate R&D Center for their conceptualising, designing and commercialising ‘Energy Efficient Domestic LPG Cooking Stove’, which we have named Bharat Hi-Star
- ‘e-Measurement Book Application’, which eliminated physical records of measurement, for accurate & faster calculations, as well as, saving paper, received two awards.
- ‘Vapour Recovery System’ at Fuel Stations, reducing emissions.
- Lubricants P&AD for using IOT to integrate integration 27 full-fledged laboratories and 19 mobile labs, to track mobile labs, monitoring dashboards and customer redressal system.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (ERPCC Department)
Reskilling of Employees (Training and Development)
- Lubricants P&AD for introducing IS-17024 and for accreditation by National Accreditation Board of Certifying Body (NABCB).
Procurement of Goods and Services from MSMEs
- Central Procurement Organization Department for supporting MSMEs in procuring Goods and Services from MSMEs.
Women Super Achiever
- Mona Srivastava, Dy. General Manager – Digital, Brand and Social Media, (LPG) for engaging with ‘Channel Partnere’ and promoting Digital Payments for refills booking.
Young Innovator Of The Year
- Aniruddha Kulkarni, Manager (R&D) who has significantly contributed to the development of ‘Energy Efficient LPG & PNG Stove’ and state-of-the-art Grid Interactive 1.05 MWp Solar Power Plant.
Best Digital Transformation Award
- Corporate R&D Center for developing K-Model, a patented web-based software for quick and accurate prediction of crude oils compatibility, reducing time from weeks to just a few hours.
- ‘Maritime Intelligent Logistic Automation’ which is a transformation application to automate end to end maritime operations in BPCL.
Award For Technical Excellence
- Mumbai Refinery for Best Practices in Sustainable Operational.
- Best Workplace Practices Award for creating a Culture of Innovation through Employee Recognition
The National Awards are in the 8th Year. It is a premium forum bringing elite marketers, brand custodians, advertising, departmental heads, retailers, real estate professionals, shopping mall owners and creative honchos together under one roof from across India. This is an invitation-only event taking place behind closed doors.
About Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (BPCL):
Fortune Global 500 Company, Bharat Petroleum is the second largest Indian Oil Marketing Company and one of the premier integrated energy companies in India, engaged in refining of crude oil and marketing of petroleum products, with a significant presence in the upstream and downstream sectors of the oil and gas industry. The company attained the coveted Maharatna status, joining the elite club of companies having greater operational & financial autonomy.
Bharat Petroleum’s Refineries at Mumbai & Kochi and Bina at Madhya Pradesh have a combined refining capacity of around 35.3 MMTPA. Its marketing infrastructure includes a network of installations, depots, energy stations, aviation service stations and LPG distributors. Its distribution network comprises over 20,000 Energy Stations, over 6,200 LPG distributorships, 733 Lubes distributorships, and 123 POL storage locations, 54 LPG Bottling Plants, 60 Aviation Service Stations, 4 Lube blending plants and 4 cross-country pipelines.
Bharat Petroleum is integrating its strategy, investments, environmental and social ambitions to move towards a sustainable planet. The company has chalked out the plan to offer electric vehicle charging stations at around 7000 energy stations over next 5 years.
With a focus on sustainable solutions, the company is developing a vibrant ecosystem and a road-map to become a Net Zero Energy Company by 2040, in Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions. Bharat Petroleum has been partnering communities by supporting innumerable initiatives connected primarily in the areas of education, water conservation, skill development, health, community development, capacity building and employee volunteering. With ‘Energising Lives’ as its core purpose, Bharat Petroleum’s vision is to be the most admired global energy company leveraging talent, innovation & technology.