The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) is a new Central Sector Scheme that would give income support to all landholding farmer families in the country to assist them in meeting their financial demands for agricultural and allied inputs, as well as home needs.
This scheme is open to all land-owning qualifying farmer families (subject to the applicable exclusion requirements).
The following types of higher-income beneficiaries are ineligible for benefits under the scheme:
- All holders of Institutional Land.
- Farmer households with at least one member belonging to one of the following categories
- Former and current constitutional officeholders
- Former and current Ministers/State Ministers, former and current Members of LokSabha/ RajyaSabha/ State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils, former and current Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and current District Panchayat Chairpersons
- All serving or retired officers and employees of Central/State Government Ministries/Offices/Departments and their field units, Central/State PSEs and Attached Offices/Autonomous Institutions under the Government, as well as regular employees of Local Bodies (Excluding Multi Tasking Staff/Class IV/Group D employees)
- All superannuated/retired pensioners receiving a monthly pension of at least Rs.10,000/- (excluding Multi Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees) in the preceding category
- Individuals who paid income tax in the previous assessment year
- Professionals such as physicians, engineers, lawyers, chartered accountants, and architects who are members of professional organisations and engage in practise.
All landholding farmer households will receive a financial benefit of Rs. 6000 per annum under the PM-KISAN scheme, payable in three equal instalments of Rs. 2000 each every four months.
How to apply
- The eligible farmers may apply with the village Patwaris, revenue officials or other designated officers / agencies and submit their required details to them.
- Farmers can also visit their nearest Common Service Centres (CSCs) for registration in the Scheme upon payment of fees.
- Farmers can also do their self-registration through the Farmers Corner in the PM KISAN portal. To check the status of the registration, click here.
- Details required for registration include Name, Age, Gender, Category(SC/ST), Aadhaar Number (in case Aadhaar Number has not been issued then Aadhaar Enrollment Number together with any other prescribed documents for purposes of the identification such as Driving Licence, Voters’ ID Card, NREGA Job Card, or any other identification documents issued by Central/State/UT Governments or their authorities,etc.), Bank Account Number and the Mobile Number of the beneficiaries.
Visit www.mixpoint.in for more interesting stories.