The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has recently released its second list of candidates for the upcoming Madhya Pradesh polls.
This power-packed lineup includes three Union Ministers, as well as several other prominent figures within the party.
Union Ministers in the List
Among the notable names in the second list are three Union Ministers – Narendra Singh Tomar, Prahlad Singh Patel, and Faggan Singh Kulaste.
These ministers bring with them a wealth of experience and expertise, making them valuable assets for the BJP in the electoral battle.
- Narendra Singh Tomar – The Agriculture Minister, Narendra Singh Tomar, has been fielded from the Dimani constituency. This seasoned leader will be contesting the Vidhan Sabha elections after a hiatus of two decades. His previous electoral victories, including two consecutive wins from Gwalior in 2003, make him a formidable candidate.
- Prahlad Singh Patel – Prahlad Singh Patel, Minister of State for Food Processing Industries and Jal Shakti, will be representing the Narsingpur constituency. His inclusion in the list underscores the party’s intention to field candidates with proven track records and domain expertise.
- Faggan Singh Kulaste – Faggan Singh Kulaste, the Minister of State for Rural Development and Steel, will be contesting from the Niwas seat. His experience in rural development and his contribution to the steel sector make him an ideal candidate for this key constituency.
Other Prominent Figures
Apart from the Union Ministers, several other prominent figures from the BJP have been included in the second list.
These candidates bring diverse skills and perspectives to the electoral fray, ensuring a strong and well-rounded lineup for the party.
- Kailash Vijayvargiya – BJP national general secretary Kailash Vijayvargiya has made it to the list after a decade. He will be contesting from the Indore-1 seat, representing his native Indore district. His inclusion has effectively put an end to any possibility of his son Akash getting a ticket, due to a 2019 incident where he attacked a civic body official in Indore.
- Lok Sabha Members – The list also features four Lok Sabha members. Ganesh Singh, Riti Pathak, Rakesh Singh, and Uday Pratap Singh have all been given tickets to contest from their respective constituencies. These seasoned MPs bring a wealth of legislative experience and a strong voter base, further enhancing the BJP’s chances in the elections.
The BJP’s Strategy
The BJP’s decision to field Union Ministers and MPs in the Madhya Pradesh polls follows a successful pattern employed in other states.
The party aims to leverage the influence and popularity of these leaders to secure victory, replicating the winning formula used in Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan – both states under Congress rule.
In Telangana too, Union Minister G Kishan Reddy might contest the assembly polls, as per sources.
This strategic approach highlights the BJP’s commitment to maximizing its chances of success in the electoral battleground.
With its power-packed lineup of candidates, the BJP aims to make a strong statement in the upcoming Madhya Pradesh polls.
The inclusion of Union Ministers, prominent leaders, and seasoned politicians underscores the party’s commitment to fielding candidates with experience, expertise, and a proven track record.
As the elections draw near, the BJP’s second list has set the stage for an exciting and closely contested battle for power in Madhya Pradesh.